Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thursday, March 16th

I threw out my back last weekend doing nothing in particular and it has been spasming for six days now. This is getting awfully old and it's making me bitchy. All the stuff that works like muscle relaxants and pain meds make me too sleepy so I can't use them during the day, only at night so I've been hobbling around like some sort of ancient arthritic type. Enough already. When I've done this in the past, it's usually taken about ten days to reverse itself so it better be gone by next week.

On a more positive note, the spring bloom is in process, proceeding in its divinely decreed order. The tulip magnolias first, followed by the Bradford pears. This week, the redbuds, ornamental cherries and plums are all coming out along with the forsythia, and some of the early azaleas. The wisteria should be along in about another two weeks and the sycamores and oaks are showing some chartreuse. It's my favorite time of year around here, even if the weather does wander over about forty degrees farenheit on any given day.

Set meeting on 'Kate' tonight, then heading into auditions this weekend. A lot of people turning out for the female lead. I'm worried about men who can dance for Paul and the three suitors.