Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday, February 2nd

Another day, another clinic. Actually two clinics as I do both morning and afternoon here on Thursdays. For some reason, a bunch of people canceled so I have a bit of a lull and can take a minute to type. Clinic is about to become quite chaotic as one partner takes a leave of absence to deal with family issues and the other goes out for surgery. I am not looking forward to the spring. I'll muddle through this as I have muddled through everything else.

Not a whole lot going on other than getting ready for Saturday's performance of 'Politically Incorrect Cabaret'. I was worried after last week's rehearsal. Monday's rehearsal was much better and it should be a show by the end of dress tomorrow. Some numbers are much better than others and it's the usual strange mix of serious political commentary and silly spoof. Highlights this time will be Judge Roy Moore in a bondage ballet, a variant on the strippers from 'Gypsy', Diane's version of 'Blues in the Night' and yours truly as Carol Channing. No one ever said we have a lack of imagination. It gets repeated next week in Atlanta.

Had my first 'The King and I' rehearsal. Sir Edward is pretty much a plot device to give the second act some sexual tension and blocking my six minutes of stage time was pretty uneventful. Should be able to come up with some nice moments with Leah, who plays Mrs. Anna though.

I seem to have met all of my deadlines for the week, which is about as good as its going to get at this point. Barely squeaked out my syllabus for the American College of Ob/Gyn course on geriatric perioperative issues for which I am doing a presentation on geropharmacy in May.