Friday, November 25, 2005

Friday, November 25th - Miami. Florida

Happy day after Thanksgiving. After finishing up in Orlando (last stop - Disney's Animal Kingdom - part zoo, part theme park and enlivened by being absolutely drenched on the river raft ride just before it started to rain), we headed down the turnpike to Miami to spend Thanksgiving with our friend Marc, a law professor at the University of Miami. I added it up the other day, Marc and I met each other not quite twenty-five years ago - I feel so old. He, his parents, Tommy and I shared several nice days together, joined by a number of progressive leagal types for a truly excellent dinner yesterday.

We also had a nice trip to the zoo, recovering from the effects of Katrina and Wilma, to various retail establishments in South Miami and we're just back from the film version of 'Rent' which is much better than I thought it was going to be. Tomorrow, we get back in the car and start the trek north. I am not happy. I've been enjoying lots of sleep and lovely weather in the seventies which seems more like idyllic late summer. But we're going to need a paycheck soon if we want to remodel the house...