Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wednesday, November 9th

Rather a quiet week this week as I try to get everything more or less ship-shape prior to taking two weeks off. Tommy and I are on a rather loosely planned Florida jaunt from this Sunday through Thanksgiving weekend. Some time at the coast, some time in Orlando, some time in Miami. We're going to make it up as we go along. If anyone else is in Florida and wants to get together during that time, drop me a line or give me a call.

Last week was benefit week. Four benefits in five days or some such. Lots of little finger foods, silent auctions and the like. Bought a nice piece of art at one. Also a gift certificate for some acting lessons for the camera. I have no clue how to perform for that rather than on stage. Tommy and I really enjoyed the one at the local science museum which featured a very good exhibit on Einstein including quite a good impersonator explaining the theories of relativity. I took quantum physics twenty some years ago and I still don't quite get it.

Working to put Center Stage on an even financial keel over the next few months. I wonder if that's even possible with a theater company? I can but try. Much discussion of budgets.

The fourth volume of George R. R. Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' is out this week. I have to make a trip to the local book emporium and make it my vacation reading. I've been waiting for this one for four or five years. The man does spin a good yarn.

My friend Ellise and I met this week to start work on a new verison of 'Politically Incorrect Cabaret' - we've got a title, 'Blues in the Night' (refering to blue/red politics) and some ideas for numbers but still have a lot of work to do on frame and specifics. We have a self imposed deadline of Christmas for a complete draft. There goes December...