Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday, September 9th

I'm in a seriously grumpy mood. The continuing fiasco regarding response to Katrina makes me extremely irate, so much so that I've had to turn the TV off or risk throwing my shoe through it every time W or one of his toadies shows up yammering about what a wonderful job they've done. What I don't get is why the press, after finally developing a spine last week, is all of a sudden backing off. Mike Brown's lies and complete lack of experience have been well documented - so why isn't every paper and TV news program in the country calling for his head and looking for the rest of the dirt that Bushco covers up with such stunning regularity.

Enough of the political rant. 'Twelfth Night' is over. Time to move on to the next show, 'Phantom of the Opry' which opens in five weeks. My part should be pretty easy as I only sing in three numbers and don't have all that much stage time. Due to a complex set of circumstances, I also find myself president of the board of Center Stage - not something I really intended, but I'll try to help them muddle through this next year.

I wrote the annual church show over the last few days. A parody of a football game pre-show with the color commentary, the interviews, the commercials and all of the other lunacy that attend that particular ritual. I just don't have time to do much more with it so it's been turned over to others for the execution. Next up, a preview show for Center Stage's upcoming season to be performed on the 18th. I also have to start working on the next version of Politically Incorrect, though fortunately it's been pushed back to the first of the year.

Off to Atlanta for twenty-four hours next weekend. I could use some time away.