Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday, August 5th

This week has been a financial disaster with both the dryer and the transmission in Tommy's truck going out within twenty-four hours of each other. As the washer and dryer are both well into their third decade, we opted for replacement. The new ones come on Monday. The transmission was fixed yesterday. Many thousands of dollars later, we're back to normal. There goes the disposable income for the next couple of months.

'Twelfth Night' continues to rehearse, encompassing more and more sixties sit-com silliness. I think the final product will be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure there will be a lot of Shakespeared left in the script. As Sebastian is more plot device than character, not a lot being done to my scenes other than cuts, which is fine with me.

Had a meeting on Wednesday with my Politically Incorrect Cabaret co-conspirators. We're trying to come up with a new show for fall - something about the Blue Dot special.