Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wednesday, June 8th

Another long exhausting day, where's my thousand dollars? No matinee, or Pinter play, just another dress rehearsal (the last) of 'The Vast Difference' tonight. It's been a very interesting four weeks getting this show up. I'm not sure I'm cut out to performa cerebral modern comedy, but I also think I don't totally suck. If I keep working, I might eventually be a decent performer in a variety of roles. There's eight of us in the cast and it's an ensemble show and everybody has some great moments.

As we've been in tech since the weekend, I've barely been home for days. As far as I know, it's still standing. Tommy's busy teching 'Forty Second Street' at the same time so we both get home late night, fall into bed exhausted, and race off again in the morning. It's going to be like that through the weekend. Then it's time to think about 'Politically Incorrect Cabaret' again and get it ready for Biloxi on the 2nd. After that, July is relatively calm before rehearsals really begin in earnest for 'Twelfth Night' in August.

I lost a patient rather unexpectedly last week. That usually doesn't happen. Of course patients die in my business, but it's relatively rare for me to have an unexpected death or a death from an unforseen cause. Those still get me on a certain level and probably always will. That's likely to be a good thing as it means I'm human.

Off to Birmingham Festival Theater in a few minutes to transform myself into Al Kaline, a new age guru, a gym rat and a cheapskate getting a haircut. I'm not sure if this is typecasting or what...