Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday, April 29th

It's four o'clock on a Friday - not as lyrical as nine o'clock on a Saturday, but then I'm not Billy Joel. The work for the week is more or less done and put away, other than about thirty five patient dictations that will need to be done sometime this weekend. I'm not looking forward to it. I do about 1200 of those suckers a year and I'm starting to get a teensy bit tired of them.

Tommy and I went to see the tour of 'Chicago' on Wednesday. I'd seen it before, four or five years ago. He had not. We both decided the film is better. The stripped down set and monochromatic costuming may make the show work better when you have star performances, but when you have good journeymen, they just seem flat - and the removal of most of the vaudeville trappings makes a lot of the bits just not work right. Such as Mary Sunshine as the female impersonator or the ventriloquist act at the press conference.

Relatively quiet week otherwise. The weekend is going to be busy though. Big charity affair to benefit Alzheimer's on Saturday and I have to make up my mind about a couple of projects by the end of the weekend so I can get all my plans in order for the summer.