Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Wednesday, April 13th

Today would have been Steve's 57th birthday. Just turning 50 was bad enough, as far as he was concerned, so 57 would have been practically unimaginable. I miss him, I guess I always will, but not as much as I once did. Life has taken a few unpredictable turns in the last couple of years, bringing new opportunities and new people. Tommy is much like Steve in some ways, but very different in others and the relationship, on the whole, has a better foundation and a high comfort level. I can't say I miss all of the rollercoaster highs and lows that happened in the past.

Not a lot going on this week. 'Forty Second Street' is in preliminary rehearsal. I have very little to do in the show so I'm just not getting into it the way I should. Bad Andy. Forty lashes with a script. All of the cliches about no small parts aside, it's just hard to have as much of a vested interest when you don't have any of the fun stuff to do. Better get my copy of 'Twelfth Night' out and start learning my Sebastian lines to keep the cobwebs at bay.

Been in discussions with my boss about reshaping what I do around here over the next year or so. Probably drop some activities, pick up some others. Going to keep mum about the details until things are more firm, but I've always felt the need to shake things up once in a while so sounds good to me.

The taxes went in the mail. No comment.