Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wednesday, December 7th

I'm feeling like stink this evening. I'm not sure if it's a viral syndrome or a reaction to my flu shot from earlier in the week. Either way, when I'm done with this I'm going to pull the covers over my head and try to sleep it off. Not a whole lot has happened since that last entry. We got home safe and headed back into the every day world of work and home. This time with a veneer of the holidays and all the stuff that needs to get done coating everything. The first three tasks are to get the family gifts off to Seattle, get the house decorated and get invitations out to our annual holiday open house (Sunday the 18th after 2 if you're in town). That should all be accomplished by the end of this weekend.

Center Stage is doing a bit better. Some donation dollars have come in. The current production, Cinderella is quite good and is selling well. Tommy and I stayed away from this show for the most part but we did come in at the last minute to make the pumpkin carriage pretty and do some set dressing. With a little bit of luck, the company will be going into the second half of the season in reasonable shape. However, I'm not going to let up on making people stick to budgets, myself included. Tommy and I did do some performing in a Christmas benefit for Salvation Army with most of the usual Birmingham musical theater types on stage. The highlight was the miliionairess patron of the arts, in her eighties, singing 'Santa Baby' -- brought the house down.

Lots of the usual turmoil at work. Docs with personal issues, patients with traumas, staff who can't do their jobs - topped off this week by the basement of the clinic flooding due to a malfunctioning sump pump. As it froze that night, I thought about turning the heat off and opening a skating rink but decided the patients' hips might not be up to it.