Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday, July 20th

Racing through yet another long hot Alabama summer. I was walking back from lunch today and I swear I could see the air as a miasma of heat and water vapor and ozone that just eneveloped everything. Sort of like mashdar in Shadar Logoth. (That's a Robert Jordan reference for those of you who are going WTF...) Speaking of Robert Jordan, Tommy and I are listening to the whole 'Wheel of Time' series on car trips in unabridged form. At roughly 40 hours a volume, we should finish up around 2008.

We were up in WV this past weekend for the usual mineworkers stuff. Hot up there too, not helped by a breakdown of the air conditioning in the building in Welch. My usual fidgets were quelled by about 11 AM when the building was 90 inside. There is much strangeness with the administration of that program on high levels but the field staff continue to do well.

We have one more performance of PIC on Saturday night here in Birmingham, then we can close down the 2006 version in favor of whatever we come up with for 2007. Given the status of the middle east, I'm thinking it's going to PIC presents Armageddon!, the musical. Not much else on the theater circuit at the moment. Considering auditioning for a production of 'How To Succeed' in a week or so, but I don't have a monologue ready.

Happy 38th birthday to my brother. We're all getting so old...