Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday, June 22nd

Well, what can I say? Life is returning to normal after the insanity of the last few months. The word of mouth that has come back to me on 'Kiss Me Kate' is that it was one of the better pieces of theater in Birmingham in the last few years. Maybe it will lead to being offered something else to direct at some point. I don't have the energy to think about that for a while. As a matter of fact, when my stint on the Board of Directors of CenterStage ends at the end of the month, I'm likely to drop out of production entirely and just do some performing this next year. I'm tired.

Politically Incorrect Cabaret is bringing back 'Blues in the Night' for a couple of performances next month. Same show as this last winter with some cast changes and a couple of new bits. Still singing Hans Eisler's 'Stempellied' and 'You Can't Get A Man With A Gun' (Ethel Merman fits my range). We do it in Huntsville on the 9th and in Birmingham on the 22nd. Nothing is set after that. I'm thinking of auditioning for a production of 'How To Succeed...' in mid-July to perform September. After that, everything is up in the air.

Work is work. We are way down on doctor time in clinic this summer so it's going to be a royal pain around here as we try to survive until we get some new staff in around Labor Day. I'm way overdue for some vacation or sabbatical time and am going to have a little talk with the powers that be about it with my annual review this next month.

Not much else to report. We're working on getting ready for the remodel of the house, if it's financially feasible. Also thinking about getting some cheap office space for Tommy so he can work on his projects outside the bedroom. Looks like he may be in to University of Montevallo in the fall which will change a lot of what he does.