Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday, May 24th

No updates the last couple of weeks as I have been absolutely swamped between 'Kate' and work. Out the door in the morning, back about 11 at night - collapse and repeat. Nine more days until 'Kate' opens and then things will start to return to a semblance of normalcy. Or at least I'll pretend that until the next project roles around.

I am very pleased with 'Kate'. From a performance point of view, its coming together quite nicely and there is very little that we could not put on stage tomorrow. There's a bit more polishing to do here and there in terms of timing, character development and the like and a few of the dance numbers need some more repetition and sharpening but all and all it's there. Now comes the agony of adding in the tech. We get one rehearsal in the theater tomorrow night to figure out blocking with the actual stage dimensions and certain props. Set loads in on Saturday. Tech rehearsals start Sunday night for a Friday opening. Assuming the designers are not spinning tales, we should be OK.

Tommy is off to France for ten days on Monday on a choral tour. I was supposed to go as well but the trip and the KMK schedule proved incompatible. He's singing at Notre Dame, La Madeleine, Chartres, Mont Saint Michel and the Normandy Beaches for D-Day. It will be his first visit to Europe. He's disappointed I won't be there but sometimes that's just the way it goes. I am desperately in need of a vacation trip myself but don't know when I'll be able to take one. We are way down in terms of physician time in clinic and demand keeps going up.

Nothing much new to report about work. Same old same old. I need a break.