Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday, January 14th

The first week of routine is over and done with and both Tommy and I are settled into our usual overactive lives. I'm back in Tap class, vocal lessons and have started rehearsals for 'Into The Woods' while Tommy is in tech for 'The Barber of Seville' at Opera Birmingham. I love Sondheim, but there are a few too many words in 'Into the Woods' to deal with easily. I despair of getting everything in the right order in a couple of places.

We had a social Saturday with a big Opera party at a manse on the hill on Saturday evening which included cha-cha with the Soprano and rubbing elbows with the well heeled octagenarian set. We then went down the hill to the theatre party where a bunch of us played Apples to Apples and got very silly.

The house continues to slowly come together. The tile is being finished up the next couple of days. We were assembling bookcases all yesterday afternoon and the plumber is supposed to deal with the bathtub this week. Maybe, just maybe, we will be up and running by Valentine's.

I still haven't done the holiday cards. I am so bad. This week, I promise...