Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday, August 25th

Various and sundry things going on but nothing earth shaking. Our local state house of reps election has become national news as various factions in the Alabama State Democratic Party have worked on nullifying the results as the electorate elected an out white lesbian rather than their favored black candidate. The whole thing smells to high heaven and the State democratic party is in the process of alienating one of their key constituencies with their shenanigans. The whole thing makes me sick and I will not give a dime to the Democratic Party because of it. (There's a pretty good run down of the whole thing on the blog 'Birmingham Blues' - google it if you want to know more. I'm too lazy to look up and insert the link.

Sold the old Acura today to one of my nurses for less than its worth, but at least I no longer have to worry about it. Just have to find the rest of the keys for it and bring them to her.

I have two auditions this weekend. One for a Neil LaBute play called 'Fat Pig' and one for 'Fiddler on the Roof'. Now there's a double bill for you. Not expecting to get either as I'm a bit too old for 'Fat Pig' and the way the Fiddler auditions are structured, I'm not going to be able to show off. We have to sing certain selections from the show, none of which are right for an over 40 bass-baritone.

Supposed to start working on props for 'How To Succeed...' this weekend. Shouldn't be too hard as much of what is needed is present at the co-op.

I need a vacation...