Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday, June 1st


Another month begins. Where is the time going? It seems like New Years was only a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure that I like this feeling of time continually speeding up as I age. But I suppose it's normal human development and experience.

What's going on? A lot of time in 'Cabaret' rehearsal. The production is coming together fairly well performance-wise. The cabaret numbers look pretty decent and the book scenes are tightening up and becoming less about remembering the lines and more about the characters and their interactions. I'm having fun with Herr Schultz. I have a wonderful Fraulein Schneider to play opposite and we're finding all of our little moments as we keep pushing deeper into the process. We start tech on Monday and open on Friday which is a bit of a shove but as it's a fairly conceptual production, taking its cues from the Donmar Warehouse staging that eventually morphed into Studio 54, it should work out OK.
Not a whole lot going on at work. I'm trying to get everything in position so I can take my few weeks off without things going to hell in a handbasket while I am gone. I think we're pretty much there.
Off to see a local production of 'Evita' tonight. I was cast in it as one of the generals, but turned it down to do 'Cabaret' instead. I guess I'll find out if it was the right decision.