Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday, January 23rd

The feedback on 'Fiddler' has been uniformally positive so I guess it's a pretty good show. It's always hard to judge from the stage. I just know that after a few performances, I'm getting comfortable with it and it's starting to hit its groove. It's selling extremely well and they're getting to their feet on the first call so the audiences are eating it up. I hope someone sends me some photos so I can post them.

The script materials for this year's 'Politically Incorrect' are nearly done other than my banter scenes with the serenissimus. Much of that has to come out of improv anyway so I will get together with Aaron in the next week or so to begin riffing and fleshing some things out. It's a good group of singers this year so the music, at least, should be strong.

Not much new on the work front. No disasters this last few weeks so that's at least some good news. I have to give a couple of talks this next week including my talk on Alzheimer's and the Arts I wrote a couple of years ago. I have tomorrow afternoon to get that in shape before giving it on Thursday.

Tap classes have started back up. So far it looks like I'm being a greaser, Barfee from 'Spelling Bee' and a nun. Par for the course.