Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday May 24, 2007

Rehearsals are well under way for 'Cabaret' and it promises to be a good show. Small cast of 17, decent performances all around and some interesting choreography for the cabaret numbers. Carole and I are having fun as Schultz and Schneider, trying to inject a little pathos into the disintegrating party scene that's happening all around us. Lots of work this week, then, as we are missing music director/accompanist a light next week before we head into tech.

Counting down till vacation. Tommy and I are vamoosing for two weeks from late June through early July and I am taking a total of four weeks out of work to recharge my batteries. It's been a long time since I had a significant vacation that didn't involve all sorts of obligations. We're leaving it fairly free form - throw things in the car and road trip. I'll keep y'all posted as it develops.

Saw a local production of 'The Pillowman' this last weekend. What an odd script. I liked what it had to say and there were some very strong sequences but I'm still not sure if I liked the production. It's sticking with me so they must have done something right with it. We're supposed to go to 'The Cripple of Inishaan' this next weekend and that should be enough Martin McDonough for a while.

Nothing much new on the work front. Patients just keep getting sicker and older. It's the way of the world.