Friday, August 08, 2008

Friday, August 8th

The dog days of summer are definitely here with the sweltering heat, barely cooled off by the occasional thunderstorm and torrential downpour. I really despise this time of year around here. At least we're getting out of the heat once more this summer when we go to Orange County in a few weeks to attend a huge Hindu wedding of one of my prior trainees. It's at the Nixon library and promises to be quite the shindig.

Work has started up again with a bang. This is my first full week back and the pile of 'to do' stuff remains exceedingly high. (Which is why I am spending time writing this...) The clinic is back under control. I got my lectures done. The on line project for the Geriatric Education Center will be done by the end of next week. I should be able to keep all the balls in the air.

On Monday, just to keep life interesting, my cell phone died (taking all the phone numbers stored with it), my clinic computer died, and the car died (and has since been recussitated). Welcome back to work.

Nothing theatrical going on for a while. Some auditions at the end of the month, perhaps. Men's chorus starts next week and church choir the week after so there will be some singing. I also have to buckle down and budget out 'Anything Goes' and start some pre-production work.