Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday May 14th

Another year older as of this past Sunday. It's a little disconcerting to recognize that it was the silver anniversary of my 21st birthday. I am very definitely far older than I ever intended to become and the time keeps sweeping along, faster and faster. I expect to see a wizened oldster in the mirror any day now.

Didn't do anything special for the day. Called my mother for mother's day, sang at church with the choir and had two rehearsals, one for 'The Music Man' and one for the Men's chorus.

The Magic City Men's Chorale's spring concert was last night. We had a full house of 500 or so show up for it and we did pretty well. No major cock-ups and from what I can tell, the audience really liked the program, as opposed to politely liking it. It was an interesting mix of pieces from soft classical works to the obligatory gospel and show tune numbers. It's been fun singing with them and I think I'll be back next year.

The Music Man is the next project out of the gate. I have got to get my script out and learn my lines. Tommy is out trying to figure out how to put 55 people into period costume for $1.98 each. If anyone can do it, he can. If he gets stuck, I may put out an SOS to my cousin Jenny in Seattle and get her out here. She's a miracle worker on limited time and budget.