Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday, April 13th

Today would have been Steve's 60th birthday. I'm having a hard time imagining a sixty year old Steve and I don't think he'd have been very taken with the idea. I guess his being sixty means I'll be 46 in a few weeks. That's far older than I ever intended to be. Stop the world, I want to get off. The passing of the years is showing up the most in Patrick, the cat. He's nearly 15 and he's fading. He continues to slow down and lose weight. He's on pills from the vet to help his failing kidneys but it's nigh on impossible to get them down his throat.

I made just enough money last year to bump me up a tax bracket and I got socked with an unexpected major tax liability. I was not thrilled but whatcha gonna do? I need a new laptop but that purchase along with others may need to wait.

The annual tap extravaganza is taking shape and happens in two weeks. It will be its usual riotous self. I seem to be wearing a barrel in one number, armor in another. At least no fan dance this year.

Rehearsals have started for 'The Music Man' - I'm playing Mayor Shinn. Should be pretty easy as he's not in most of the big musical numbers. Just have to learn my lines and try not to imitate Paul Ford too much.