Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday, October 19th

Another work week come and gone. Better than some, not as great as others. Slowly but surely, the work crises are coming under control and my 'to do' pile has shrunk somewhat. This is mainly due to the system finally recognizing the value of the clinic and freeing up some funds to staff at appropriate levels. With the new curriculum, I have some more opportunities to teach at the seminar level which is a lot of fun. I've got a bunch of them over the next few weeks - one on the ethics of pharmacy sales, one on the ethics of organ transplantation and some work on elder care and Medicare issues - especially coding.

Tommy remains backstage at 'Phantom of the Opera' and out of the house so I am dealing with all of the remodel stuff. After some doldrums, things are moving forward again. The new storage room is essentially done, the tile is going up in the bathroom and the kitchen cabinet problems are being corrected. We're almost at the point where we need to move out so they can finish the floors. Guess I get to spend the weekend doing more packing.

CenterStage opened their season this last week with a great production of 'Thoroughly Modern Millie' with many friends in key roles. I enjoyed it thoroughly and I hope they get the houses they deserve and make some money. Also saw 'night Mother' with my friend Ellise in the Kathy Bates role. She was great but boy, what a depressing script. Ellise and I are going to be busy the next few months. We're working on a script together for the Seasoned Performers and we're putting together a public reading on 'Terrorist' which has been pulled out of the trunk and dusted off again. Have to do a rewrite for current political reality.