Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wednesday, September 5th

Tommy and I headed to New Orleans for the long weekend for a couple of days of R and R before plunging back into remodel land. Did the galleries and the antique shops. For the most part, prices haven't come down any post Katrina. Saw a few pieces we liked but most were out of our budget. We do have good taste. I got a viral stomach thing on Sunday night mixed with my usual GI issues which resulted in some rather spectacular upset stomach but I managed to get over it by Tuesday. While there, we got 'Death at a Funeral' which was one of those mordant British Black comedies, directed by Frank Oz of all people. In this one, various upper crust British twits gather for a funeral at which everything that can possibly go wrong, does , helped along by a bottle of hallucinogens disguised as valium. A couple of very funny scenes, especially Peter Dinklage emerging from a coffin and some very nice shots of Alan Tudyk's naked tush.

We're in 'hurry up and wait' mode on the house. There is a dispute between the building inspector and Brinks security on the smoke alarms which I am trying to broker and should be solved this week. Sheetrock cannot proceed until this happens. There is also yet another delay from the architect on the drawings for the storage room. We can't finish emptying the house for the floors until this is done. Grrrrrrr. On the good news front, refinancing closes tomorrow.

No theater at the moment while all this gets sorted out. I do have a commission to write an original one act which I have more or less set up in my head. Now I have to write the bloody thing. I have to have a treatment done by the end of the month. I'll have to knock off all the hours on Diablo II - even if I am getting characters to the end game finally...

A number of work melt downs are ongoing. They are upsetting the balance of my life at work so I wish they would stop. Alas, it doesn't look like that's about to happen.