Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Wednesday, January 4th

The holiday season has come and gone and I have survived yet another round of dinner parties for in-laws, our annual trip to Hooters on Christmas Day for dinner (it's one of the few places around here that's acutally open), New Years Eve parties and our annual holiday open house. The house is still tarted up as neither of us has had the energy to take things down and pack them away yet. That may take until Valentines Day.

I am now in the throes of rehearsal for 'The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas'. I am seven years older than the last time I did the show and dance numbers are now taking it out of me. Time to get back to the gym and try to punch myself back into a semblance of shape. The show opens on the 19th so we have about two weeks to get it all ready. It's starting to come together and should be a lot of fun. I have the worlds ugliest powder blue polyester leisure suit straight out of 1974 as a costume. It's a look that won't soon be forgotten.

The University is coming back to life after its usual holiday torpor. I have a bunch of projects that I need to take care of but the pile on my desk isn't too large currently so I should be able to stay fairly caught up.

Happy New Year! Let's hope the Mayans weren't right.