Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Tuesday, Ocotber 2nd

Another month and another fiscal year. Where does the time go? Can't say that a whole lot happened in September. T and I went with a friend to NOLA for the Labor Day weekend where we all proved that we have hit middle age by being about during the day and crashing at night, rather than the opposite schedule held to by the young folk in that city. A good time was had by all with much good food eaten. There is a Spanish restaurant at the French Market on the second floor with a view of the river that I particularly recommend. Wonderful paella. Most of September has been down time. T works on Saturdays so I have a bit of a leisure day while he does that and neither one of us has anything major in terms of performance for a while. We're both still waiting to hear about the Opera Chorus this season but as the operas are Madama Butterfly and Zauberflote and neither one of them uses much in the way of chorus, I'm not holding my breath. I have started sorting out decades of photos and other ephemera for scrapbooking and other storage. I need to get a scanner that works properly and start posting some of them. Facebook may never be the same... Usual insanity at work, but I have no interest in reliving it by writing about it here. If you want to know, you'll have to ask me in person. I have vacation scheduled the week after Thanksgiving. We're trying to decide between Seattle for family or Florida for us.