Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday, March 25th

The tempests roiling the economy continue to blow their way through the University leading to all sorts of stresses and strains. I have no idea where it's going to end, but it's not going to be pretty and it's not going to be good. I think we'll be able to remain relatively unchanged as regards to clinical geriatrics, but as a cost center rather than a revenue generator, we will remain a bit of a political football for a while. In the meantime, my stress level will continue to rise until something snaps. Hopefully, damage will be minor.

'La Traviata' performed this past weekend and was a smashing success. Tommy is now focussing back on school and Tracy, the Gastone has vacated our guest bedroom after a very pleasant stay. Next season is 'Aida' which I will probably be part of and 'Marriage of Figaro'. I'm wrapped up in one last PIC performance for the year on Friday and on an elder program benefit happening on Sunday. After that, there's some down time other than the tap show. I auditioned for a Dryden restoration comedy that's going up in June last night but I don't know that it's really my cup of tea.

We're in the middle of the annual spring bloom so, even if the world is falling apart, there are still lots of lovely pastels in the trees and bushes so all is not completely lost.